I recently mentioned turmeric powder in this post and I discussed how incorporating it into your diet can have many health and beauty benefits. Many of you wanted to know how exactly you can incorporate it into your diet. One of the best ways to reap all the benefits of turmeric is to make turmeric tea.
What is turmeric?
- Turmeric is a spice that is often used in curry dishes. It has been used for years in holistic medicine as a digestive aid and a wound healer. It is also a powerful anti-inflammatory that has been used by both the Chinese and Indian cultures for years.
The health and beauty benefits of turmeric:
- Loaded with antioxidants
- Helps clean up metabolic waste
- Natural liver detoxifier
- Powerful anti-inflammatory
- Can be used to treat menstrual pain
- Studies have linked the frequent use of turmeric to lower rates of certain cancers
- Great for those with acne and other inflammatory skin conditions
- Protects your skin from free radical damage
Turmeric tea recipe ingredients:
- 4 cups of water
- 2 teaspoons of turmeric powder
- lemon or honey (optional)
- stevia for taste (optional)
- Bring 4 cups of water to a boil
- Add turmeric powder and simmer for 10 minutes
- Strain in a mug using a cheesecloth or mesh strainer
- Add lemon/ honey or stevia to sweeten it up
- Save the remaining tea in the fridge to drink later
Enjoy! Please let me know if you try this out. I personally love it but would love to hear what you think as well